Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a fascinating film that chronicles Joe Cross’s personal mission to regain his health while traveling across America, juicer in tow, and inspiring others to do the same. Here’s are 10 things we learned, which will hopefully inspire you to see the film.
1. While most people have a hard time doing the three days most juice cleanses recommend, Joe did 60 days of all green juice, so next time you think three is impossible…
2. You don’t need to drive yourself crazy scheduling gym time, you can radically improve your health for the better simply by altering your diet.
3. Changes in diet can have way more of an impact than pills when it comes to treating a host of diseases.
4. Many health problems can be reversed with dietary changes.
5. The key is to make sustainable changes.
6. Juice cleansing can be a useful tool to reset your taste palette.
7. Make sure to consult a doctor if you have any medical conditions before going on a juice cleanse — especially if you plan on doing it for more than one day.
8. In 60 days Cross managed to shed 90 pounds and alleviate the effects of an autoimmune disease… just 60 days!
9. Cross makes it a point to shop at local food markets, which we love because many people, sadly, can simply not afford to eat as many healthy foods as they wish because of price. If you buy locally and in-season prices drop dramatically.
10. What we loved most about this documentary is that it shows that when push comes to shove, the only person who can get you to change is you. Luckily if you’re willing to do the work, miracles are truly possible.
So… What are you waiting for? Run out and buy yourself a juicer!
New to juicing and need a juicer? Click here to get a 5% discount at Juice Master!Note: discount is applied at check out.
For everyday juicing I use the Phillips HR1861 Juicer
Year Without Beer
Please support my Year Without Beer by donating to one of these fantastic causes:
- To donate to Cancer Research UK please click here to visit my just giving page or donate by text – send AYWB66 and the amount to 70070. For example, texting “AYWB66 £5″ will donate £5.
- To donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust please click here to visit my just giving page or donate by text – send AYWB55 and the amount to 70070. For example, texting “AYWB55 £5″ will donate £5.